Ventilation, Filtration, Air Cleaning
· Provide and maintain at least required minimum outdoor airflow rates for ventilation as specified by applicable codes and standards.
· Use combinations of filters and air cleaners that achieve MERV 13 or better levels of performance for air recirculated by HVAC systems.
· Only use air cleaners for which evidence of effectiveness and safety is clear.
· Select control options, including standalone filters and air cleaners, that provide desired exposure reduction while minimizing associated energy penalties.
HVAC System Operation
· Maintain temperature and humidity design set points.
· Maintain equivalent clean air supply required for design occupancy whenever anyone is present in the space served by a system.
· When necessary to flush spaces between occupied periods, operate systems for a time required to achieve three air changes of equivalent clean air supply.
· Limit re-entry of contaminated air that may re-enter the building from energy recovery devices, outdoor air, and other sources to acceptable levels.